Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where's the Ad?

Sometimes i do art which doesn't seem to have any messages -- hidden or obvious.
Sometimes when i paint what others have commissioned, i would covertly add my own two cents worth for GOD somewhere in the design.
Sometimes i would paint just for the fun of it, just to see what comes out. And i would have a casual conversation with GOD as i paint, in my head, or at times, even aloud -- "Okay, Lord, surprise me!" -- and He would delight me, each and every time.This sulu (or sarong) is the outcome of a design of stripes intended for May Goulding of Todranisiga, but a childlike spirit scotched those straight lines and just painted a willy-nilly stripes of sorts, which ended up as a curtain for my daughter's window.To me, it's always okay to be joyfully childlike, no matter if we're edging closer and closer to 60 or 80 or 100. Life is indeed short -- so i'm learning that being a follower of CHRIST is a serious commitment to living for GOD, but that He approves of my unrestrained joy and laughter, childlike trust and obedience, and living life to the fullest In CHRIST, for in Him, and Him alone, my cup overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment