Sunday, August 2, 2009

i Can -- Through CHRIST

i have learned how to get along happily whether i have much or little. i know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. i have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For i can do everything with the help of CHRIST who gives me the strength i need. (Philippians 4:11b-13, NLT)

Living in the bush of Taveuni, i experienced the "little" by bathing and washing clothes in a river, living with no electricity, no tv, drinking river or rain water, using an outhouse surrounded by tropical greens and blooms; but i also experienced the "much" by staying at ritzy hotels in London and Paris. i know the "full stomach," having lunched at the restaurant at the top of the Eiffel Tower or having gorged myself nearly sick at countless buffets in San Diego. And i've experienced the "empty" living poor in Nigeria; sharing my tin of tuna with my cat, Sable, during those lean times in the bush of Taveuni; and having just peanut butter on bananas or plain ramen soup as a solo backpacker.

Through it all, in times of plenty or little, GOD graced me with His presence and protection--He strengthened my faith in His goodness by always giving me what i needed from day to day. Today, i know that i can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me. He is the Source from which i draw strength when i am weak, for in Him, i am strong. In CHRIST, i am indeed rich, though possessing little.

No comments:

Post a Comment