Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Let GOD -- Proverbs 3:5-6

PROVERBS 3:5-6 -- another rLn personal Bible life-verse -- an acknowledgment that my own very finite mind is so very faulty... at times to the point of ridiculous idiocy! Many, many times, my two plus two does not equal four!

i used to balk at these words associated with genuine followers of CHRIST -- surrender, submit, obey... let go (all my rights), let GOD (rule all of me).

But when i realized Who GOD is -- holy, all powerful, all knowing, ALLways present, all wise, Self-existent, Self-sufficient, eternal, infinite, immutable, sovereign, free, personal, incomprehensible, inscrutable, good, loving, merciful, faithful, true, kind, compassionate, joyful, just, gracious, righteous, pure light... indescribable Intelligent Designer, amazing Creator of the Universe.

Knowing Who GOD is, the words surrender, submit and obey become positive words. To me, these words mean the same as trust. So trust in Him is the perfect (wholesome) action of the child of GOD. As a child trusts (surrenders, submits, obeys) her earthly father, i, as a child of GOD, also trust my heavenly Father, the Great I AM THAT I AM, to provide for all my needs, now and forever.

This rLn tshirt is a few years old -- an "oldie but goodie." Stained here and there, now refurbished with Proverbs 3:5-6 and 12 hearts to cover some stains.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.
(Proverbs 3:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment