Thursday, January 10, 2013

CREATE In me A CLEAN HEART, O GOD

Create in me a clean heart, O GOD,

for by Your abundant grace and the utter faithfulness of JESUS,

i will follow after His meekness and gentleness, and walk in His peace.

Thank you, Almighty heavenly Father, for your abounding goodness and patience...

as You, by the supernatural power of the indwelling Holy SPIRIT, create in me a clean heart.

Thank you, LORD JESUS, for giving me Your perfect righteousness in exchange for my broken sinfulness.

Thank You, LORD JESUS, for laying Your life down for us lost and wretched sinners -- for You, knowing that incomprehensible joy that was set before You, endured the cross, despised the shame, and are now seated in utmost glory at the right hand of the throne of GOD.

Thank You for granting us joy even in the of deep valleys.  Indeed, Your joy is our strength as You walk alongside us through thick and thin!

JESUS is the Son of GOD, Sovereign King of kings -- worthy of all honor and worship. CHRIST is LORD.

By this we know GOD's love: while we were still His enemies, His Son JESUS died for us.
JESUS laid down His own life for us sinners so that we may have true joy in Him alone, through faith alone in Him.  He grants us the Holy SPIRIT upon our rebirth so that we may bear abundant fruit, to the glory of His name and our Father in Heaven.  He growns the fruit of holiness, righteousness, truthfulness and a mercy-ful and forgiving spirit.  From much grace, He patterns us to His own character of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O GOD, and renew a right spirit within me."
Create in me a clean heart, O LORD, for out of the abundance of my heart, my words and actions overflow.  Grow me ever UPwards and nourish me in the Way of Your Son JESUS so that i may be that good tree that You desire me to be -- bearing much good fruit for Your glory.

Cleanse my heart and renew my mind so that my words and thoughts may be acceptable in Your sight, so that i may not hurt those around me with any cutting or crude or deceitful speech, so that i may build up, rather than tear down.  Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD, let my words be few.  Cause me to be quick to listen and slow to speak, for i still lean on my own understanding, revealing so dull and so foolish still this carnal nature, this body of death!

Renew a right spirit within me, O GOD, so that i may walk in step with Your SPIRIT.  Cause me to hunger all the more for the True Bread of life and thirst all the more for the Living Water -- CHRIST JESUS. Make me steadfast in His Way, His Truth and His Life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment