Monday, July 27, 2009

JESUS' Extreme "Home" Makeover

I Corinthians 5:17 says, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

And truly, this is an extreme home makeover. That old self is dead, but like a corpse strapped to one's back, it clings like a stinking, rotting piece of road-kill. Unless i die daily, unless i keep killing that monkey on my back, that new creation which already is will atrophy and never mature into that GOD-intended creation, the born again child of GOD.

The key is surrender. Obey. This wonderful four-letter word is the key to enlivening that new creation within. And it's easy to obey, easy to surrender my rights to CHRIST when i know that He will always give me whatever it is i need which will cause me to grow into a deeper fellowship with Him.

So i have agreed with the Holy SPIRIT's extreme home makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment